2.16.2012

A few minutes, please...

I am going to whine for a few. So if you don't want to hear (read) it, please don't.  I have never been the girl who says things negative about myself in hopes of someone throwing out the comment, "No you don't" or "No you aren't." Nor do I ever plan to be. On that note, I think there should be a book written on pregnancy etiquette. What is crazy is that people who make comments have been in my shoes before. On a daily basis I get comments. I get comments from friends, students, my daughter, people I work with, and total strangers. Most of the comments I get are nice, or people trying to keep my spirits up. But as all teachers know....it only takes ONE negative comment to ruin all the good ones. Here are some comments from this week alone:

Mommy, when are you going to lose weight?
Your belly is huge!
You look beautiful!
When is your due date!!!!?
You're still here??????
Your face is swollen, are you retaining water?
You are really starting to spread.
You look so cute.
You are all belly. 

It is so hard at the end of pregnancy without comments. It is hard to roll out of bed. It is hard to look at my daughter and say, "I can't do that." It is so hard to tell my body to do something and it can't or won't.  It is so hard not to just eat myself stupid. It is so hard to go see the same people who say the worst things everyday and smile at them when I just want to tell them to "shut up!!!!" Because, yes, I am still pregnant. Yes, I will probably be pregnant next week and the next week. If I am lucky, I won't be the following week, but who knows when this little one will join us?
So there it is...my vent...my whine!!!! Now I am done! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I feel better!

No comments: