1.08.2012

Almost a month...

I can't believe it has been SO long. Things are going well. They are just moving right along! This year Chirstmas and New Year's were wonderful. Although, we did have some sadness... remembering....it was wonderful.

Christmas consisted of our daughter wanting to go to bed early, because she didn't want to stay up too late. She was afraid of Santa coming and skipping over her. The magic of Christmas!!!! ;-) The child was very fortunate this year. As well as Matt and myself. I am figuring out my new Kindle Fire! YEAH!!! I started reading my first book this past week on it. It is the new Ida May book....not something you want to read unless you are thinking baby and birthing. However, it is getting me mentally and physically ready. I got some awesome boots too.  Yes, Beth, they are the same as yours. Thanks for the info!!! I can't say that I look as good as you in them now...maybe next year!!!
Matt has been crossing off things on the honey do list faster....thanks to the baby countdown and being home more because his band playing has stopped for now. I know it was a difficult decision for him to make, but I am thankful for the extra time he is at home. So is our daughter. :-)
I have still been running. I run on the treadmill during the week and try to get outside on the weekend. The mild winter has made that easier. I can't say that my runs have been easier. In fact, I am pretty sure the cars that go by enjoy the rest of their ride to where ever solely thinking of how I look running. Oh well!!! I did get a honk from a tractor trailer yesterday and today. Matt said, they couldn't see my big belly on the bridge but they could see my ginormous tah-tahs!  There is a guy for ya!
I was going to blog an out with the old and in with the new message last weekend. However, I was just content with being in the present and just didn't. Last weekend, we went to the crash site.  We had a prayer and song. We left flowers. Peyton came with us because she never came to the service last year and I think it was time for her to see some of it. Hopefully, to have some closure as well for herself.  She sent him some sugar cookies up in balloons. That evening, we all set off balloon lanterns. Our family got purple in honor of our purple lover. :-) It was beautiful with all the balloons going up. She had a major meltdown that evening about Jason. The whole evening was beautiful to be honest. Hopefully, Jason could see and was honored. I sure felt honored to be a part of it.
The next day was my birthday! That is right, 34!!! OLD WOMAN!!! No, old pregnant woman!!! HA! It was a wonderful day. The three of us spent the day together. Matt took me shopping for a few things that I wanted. Then we went out to dinner. As my friend recently posted, it was a regular day. I will take those days any day! I am just thankful to have the regular day.
Matt finished painting the baby's room. It looks great! I am getting so excited. 9 weeks left. We preregistered at the hospital this week. In the next week or two I am going to make sure I have the essentials for our new addition. I also need to get all our bags packed. Then we are going to celebrate Peyton's birthday early because I don't want to tempt fate too much. I want to make sure we get to celebrate her day. However, I don't want to be too pregnant or have a newborn. We even agreed without an argument on baby names. And no, we are telling until the birthday!  One more surprise...:-) Looking forward to looking into a healthy baby's face and smelling him/her and cuddling with him/her. Right now, I am enjoying trying to guess which features the baby will get, and knowing this baby has been getting stronger and stronger. It just fills my heart with joy!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

There are so many things I want to say in response to this post! It just made me smile...all of it.

What a touching tribute to Jason's life. I too am so glad that Peyton got to be a part of it.

I bet you are rocking those boots with that belly and those tah-tah's! Haha! I wish I could see you right now as you approach these final few weeks. It is going to be VERY hard for me not to be able to come and visit you at the hospital and meet this new little bundle.

I just can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl and what their name is going to be! I just am so happy for you Lydia. You are so deserving of all this good stuff.

Love you friend!

hippie momma said...

Beth, I would love to see you. I sent you the invite just to let you know that I wish you could be there. However, I am sure you are getting TONS of snow now!! We, however, ARE NOT!!!! We may not this year! UGH! No, I am not rockin'. I am starting to feel like a whale. I also know this baby has a lot more growing to go. So, I am only going to get bigger, but that means healthier. I can sacrifice myself for 9 more weeks. maybe this baby will give me a surprise and come a bit early. Not too early, because I don't want to miss Peyton's bday! So, from the 5th on...I am ready!!!!