6.28.2012

A Moment...

Hello, Strangers!!!!
So today I thought I would share an emotion that has been in my brain. I don't know which emotion it is. Let me know what you think.
I never was a girl who would cry very much BEFORE I became a mom. Movies, songs, or weddings didn't cause tears for me.
However, now is a different story. I know hormones may still be raging through my body, but I have become so emotional since motherhood.
For example, today I choked back tears as we drove past a church and a funeral was heading to a burial. I didn't know the person, but I wondered: "was the person old or young?  Did he/she live the life he/she wanted?" I also felt bad for the family for their loss.
Another example: So many moms in their 40s and up look lovingly at my son and smile this warm knowing smile and say: "Enjoy this!!!" as I clumsily try to get groceries, a stroller, a six year old, and a screaming baby in the car. I can only smile because I can see my babies growing before my eyes. One day I will longingly look at some young (HA!) mom and say the same thing.
Maybe I never paid attention as much as I thought I did as a young buck. There are so many more dimensions to life that I never knew were out there until motherhood.
So off I go to unload groceries, clean this spit up off my shirt (heck, might as well leave it...there will be more), get some laundry done, prepare dinner..etc. I LOVE IT THOUGH!!!! Soon the summer will be over and I will be back to work and missing my chaos!
So cheers to motherhood and all the emotions that go with it!!!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

You are so sweet, my dear friend! :)