7.20.2011
Beach
As I was growing up and even as an adult I have NEVER been a beach person. I don't like sitting in the sun and just sitting and being hot. I ALWAYS eat WAY too much. I have always been a mountains type of girl. I love the woods and hikes and runs and smells of the forest. HOWEVER, it is amazing what a child can do to you. This year we went to Nags Head with two other families. Friendship is always something to consider. If you can handle living together in tight quarters and with numerous children for a week and still be friends at the end of the week!!! It was WONDERFUL!!! Everyone got along great. There is even talk about continuing to do it next year. Back to the kid thing... so our daughter LOVES the beach. Even from a little tyke she ran out to the ocean and dared it to catch her. She loves to make sand castles and play in the ocean. Of course, I am not the ocean parent. That is totally a daddy job! I don't go in water that I can't see the bottom. I have read too many stories. She loves any chance to get us to the ocean. So I suck it up. I am certain that we will visit the ocean every summer for our girl. Although, we might convince her to go to Disney World instead. :-) Which I have found to be my all time favorite! Anyway, we do little things at the beach to make me happy. I can't sit and stare at the ocean for the whole week. So here is a picture of my two favorite people on our trip to the light house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
More pics! More pics! And might I just add that Mr. Matt is looking FINE! :) (Pass that message on to him will ya?)
Post a Comment