1.13.2011

Jumping for joy!!! Literally!!!

Picture this....
I am taking off my coat at school yesterday morning only to find my necklace chain dangling from my neck. My heart dropped! Oh no! Just shy of five years ago it was given to me as my "push" gift from my wonderful hubby! Come on, I thought...give me something good! But I felt horrible in a way worrying about an object. An object is nothing compared to a person! So began my mission to retrace my steps...

*Keep in mind there was a  dusting of snow yesterday morning!!!
Here is my lone necklace without the pendant!!!





Did I find it in my coat and sweater?
NOPE
Did I find it in the bathroom after stripping down and shaking?
NOPE
Did I find it in the hallway?
NOPE
Did I find it in the office where I stood and talked?
NOPE
Did I find it in the spot where I stood in the freezing cold for bus duty for 25 minutes jumping up and down?
NOPE
Did I find it in my path to the car?
NOPE
Did I find it in the car?
NOPE
Did I find it at the sitters?
NOPE
Did I find it at the house after dust mopping the floors?
NOPE
Did I find it on my path to the kennel or in the GRASS chasing the dog?
NOPE
Did the custodian find it on the floor last night?
NOPE
Well...where could it be?
Did I find it at the dump where I stopped yesterday morning to drop off some recycling?
YES!!!! There is was this AM on the concrete right beside the huge metal recycling bins, upside down, like this, in the snow!!! Needless to say, I was the happiest person at the dump (the only person at 7 AM) but anyway!!! What are the chances? It is not scratched from cars or feet! There is was! Finally, I was SO excited I jumped for joy!


  Just a material thing but has great sentimental value!!!



 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

WOW!!!! THAT IS REALLLLLLY INCREDIBLE!!! You SOOO needed that Lydia. This story made me cry.