8.12.2010

And here it is...August!

Long summer days....
Sleeping in...
Spending the day with my daughter...
Smiling....
 Relaxing
Doing whatever
Meeting friends for play dates, dinner, and hanging out
Beach
Amusement parks
Playgrounds
swimming and swimming lessons
NO SCHEDULE!!!
LOVIN' Life
Runs in the early morning
Painting in the basement: painting cups, styrofoam, cardboard, and paper
Not knowing the time AND THAT IS OKAY!!!!
Fireflies!
Cold Drinks (new drink: blueberry & lemonade) YUM!!!
Not losing those few pounds BUT enjoying the ice cream!
Long days (lots of daylight)
Just a FEW things I can think of at this time (after 3 blueberry & lemonade beverages). I know summer is NOT quite over but it is close. It makes me sad. I LOVE the summer memories now even more than as I was a child. I know these times won't last long. One day I will enter a summer (not too far from now) and my "little" girl will say..."I want to hang out with my friends." Can't blame her....I am really NOT so cool. Just a hippie in a 32 year old body. :-) I am not looking forward to those days. So I LOVE these summers!!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are SO cool DiNardo! In your 32year old body just as much as you're going to be in your 42 year old one! That precious daughter of yours will always want to be hanging out with her cool Mom! Your list sounds like the perfect definition of all a summer vacation should be!

Dana said...

I can SO relate!!!! I think I have loved this summer more than any I can remember. My list is very similar to yours. I have loved each and every moment spent with the precious little ones. I am not ready to go back to work...just want to play mom a little longer!