5.02.2010

Slacker....

So I know it has been a long time. I have thought of many things to write about but it is usually during my runs. I can't really type at that time. Lets start with ....my 10k. It felt SO good to get into the competitive part of running again. I actually pushed P and it was great. The others who were pushing their "babies" were a year old or less....so here is to 45 pounds of kid with the stroller on top of that. I felt VERY good about it. I was much slower...but it is not always about how quickly you finish but the processes of finishing too. Having her cheer me on was priceless. Although, she was done with the race by mile 4. UGH!!!
Here is the link of the elevation of the race. A tough one!
http://www.roxygraphics.com/fodderstack10k/Fodderstack_Color_Map_2-08.pdf

What else???? Work has been stressful. All I can say is that it is that time of year now. Needed a break but not before I got pulled over one morning on the way to school. So...I had bus duty...needed to be there early...I was driving and a sheriff deputy was ahead of me...I was talking to mom on the phone (I know awful). The deputy pulls over and I keep going...well he pulls me over shortly over. I pulled into a parking lot...well, I hang up with mom and get my license and registration....before he comes to my car...another sheriff deputy car pulls in behind him...I mean...I am SO THREATENING!!! Anyway, he asks, "Do you know the speed limit back there?" "Yes, at the sign it is 35." "Well, it is 45 up until that sign and I was going 45 and you came up on me fast." I am sitting there....ANOTHER deputy car pulls up...I mean SERIOUSLY....FIND SOMETHING TO DO!!! I was so embarrassed. Anyway...no ticket...just slow down. I was late for bus duty. But


Sunday...my hubby and I left for a work trip that he earned. I hate leaving our little one (who is not so little anymore) but it was easier this time especially when she was so excited to go stay at her Nana's house. So also told daddy one night when we called that he was interrupting her book and needed to get off the phone. STINKER! This place was beautiful.
Here is a link to the slideshow of the place. AMAZING!!
http://www.nemacolin.com/phototour/
It was rainy there...I really wanted to go for a long quite run with no time limit while M was at his meeting...so I just ran on the treadmill there. Then I got to finish a book that a WONDERFUL friend let me borrow. It was nice to just relax and not worry about anything or have to do anything.
We had a wonderful weekend here this past weekend. We hung out...went swimming, fishing, camping, and played. It was wonderful. It makes me long for the summer SO much! Only six more weeks and counting.
I have pondered other thoughts during my runs and may write about them soon. Hopefully, with my class finishing up, P's bball finishing up, and things slowing down as the school year approaches...I will have a few more moments to write my thoughts.  Until then...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Good job Lydia! What a post! You made up for it. Yeah for life slowing ddown for you here shortly. You have earned it! Your time away with Matt sounds wonderful,as well as the fun you had this past weekend. I can just see you pulled over with a line of cops behind you. Only you woman! :)